Contest Rules and Regulations
Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 July 2015 23:28
The Beautiful Babies Contest
Presented by the Ypsilanti Area Jaycees
- All Participants must be between the ages of 0 and 36 months at the time of the contest
- A picture must be submitted for each participant that is no larger than 4"x6" photo mailing envelope to protect your pictures or a copy of their photograph.
- The Ypsilanti Area Jaycees are not responsible for, nor do they encourage, the duplication of copyrighted photographs without the express written consent of the copyright holder. A copy of the written release must be included with the Participant's photograph if it is subject to copyright by a third party.
- The Parent/Guardian of the Participant releases the use of their photograph for use in online voting for the contest, and future publication and promotions related to the Contest.
- Registration is open to everyone; it is not limited to only Ypsilanti residents.
- This is not a juried contest
- Participant is defined as any single child or, in the case of twins,et al, children
- Multiple children from the same family who are not of the same age, i.e. siblings, who otherwise fit the age criteria, must be registered as separate participants with separate paid registrations
- Pictures submitted larger than 4" x 6" will be trimmed to size
- The Ypsilanti Area Jaycees are not responsible for damage that occurs to photographs during mailing and recommend using a mailing envelope, or a copy of a picture
- Multiple Birth Participants may be submitted as one (1) entry. There is only one photograph permitted per participant, no matter how many in number.
- In the event that the Heritage Festival holds a parade on Saturday, August 22nd, parent(s)/guardian(s) are encouraged, but not required, to walk with their Participants. The line-up number and time will be posted at the booth and on the Ypsilanti Area Jaycees website.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three earners, regardless of gender and be awarded the title of King or Queen - 1st place, Prince or Princess - 2nd
place, & Duke or Duchess - 3rd place.
- The total number of votes purchased by 2:00pm on Sunday, August 23rd will determine the winners.
- Votes are purchased in increments of:
- $0.25 each at the Jaycees booth inside of the Heritage Festival
- $1.00 each on our website, http://ypsilantijaycees.com
- There is no limit to the number of votes purchased.
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) will be given their Participant's number when registration AND payment is received and are encouraged to
pass it along to friends and family
- Votes can be purchased at the Heritage Festival booth on the following dates and times:
- Friday, August 21st from Noon until 8:00pm
- Saturday, August 22nd from 10:00am until 8:00pm
- Sunday, August 23rd from 11:00am until 2:00pm
All questions or inquires should be directed to our Hotline 734-796-7458 (voicemail only), by email to
or by mail to:
Beautiful Babies Contest, c/o Ypsilanti Area Jaycees, PO Box 980150, Ypsilanti, MI 48198-0150
10.The winners' names will be posted on our website, http://ypsilantijaycees.com and will be announced by Wednesday, August 26th.
- Participants who choose to participate in the parade must decorate their strollers or wagons in some way to signify
their child(ren)'s participation in the Contest
- The winners will be announced on the Main Entertainment Stage at the closing of the Festival. The time of the
announcement will be posted at the booth and on our website.
- The pictures of the winning contestants will be forwarded on to the local media.
- In the event of a multiple birth participant winning any prize, the prize as a whole will be divided equally among the
children. No duplicate full prizes will be awarded in the event of multiple birth winners.
- Actual prizes are to be determined, and will be announced prior to the event on http://ypsilantijaycees.com and at the Heritage Festival booth.
The proceeds from this annual event go towards continuing the Junior Chamber movement in the Ypsilanti community. The Ypsilanti Area Jaycees, a local
organizing member of JCI - Junior Chamber International, strives for empowering young adults in our community to create positive change and grow personally
by developing their full leadership potential.
The Ypsilanti Area Jaycees partner with organizations such as the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life, SOS Community Services, Ozone House and
others with fundraising and service projects. Internationally, the Jaycees partner with Nothing But Nets to provide life-saving mosquito nets in malaria prone
countries and actively work towards the U.N.'s Millennial Development Goals. For more information, contact us through the above contact information or find us
on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ypsilantijaycees.